This year we will be holding 8 trail building trips on the new High Rock Trail near Dutch Creek in June and July, continuing construction of the first new section of the GDT in 30 years. Contact us if you are interested in participating in one of our 2019 GDTA Trail Building & Maintenance Trips. Come join us in the mountains, build trail, sleep under the stars and be inspired!
Our Signature Trip is generously supported by our awesome premium sponsor, The North Face.
- DATES: July 19 to 23, 2019
- SIZE: 20 people
- ENHANCED CAMP SET-UP: Camp kitchen (including stoves and BBQ), fire pit, solar shower & latrine.
- FOOD: All food is included, prepared by our head chef and a team of assistants (all volunteers take turns helping out in the kitchen).
- TRANSPORTATION: Carpooling will be organized by the GDTA, gas included.
- REQUIREMENTS: Trail building experience is not required, but volunteers should have some experience backcountry camping and hiking.
- COST: $100 for GDTA Members.