If you would like to get involved with the GDTA, think about joining one of our committees:
- Trail Building and Maintenance: Organize GDTA Signature Trips as well as other trail building or maintenance trips; mentor others to lead trips; and develop trail building and maintenance resources. (Includes the Tool Sub-committee)
- Fundraising and Sponsorship: Oversee development and implementation of a fundraising plan; identify and solicit funds from external sources of support, potential markets, their needs, how to meet those needs with products/services/programs, and how to promote/sell the programs.
- Outreach: Plan and coordinate outreach events, promote the GDT, expand the GDTA presence in the outdoor recreation community and recruit members and volunteers.
- Communications: Maintenance and publication of the website, social media, Pathfinder Newsletter and other mediums to promote the GDT, provide reliable resources and build the GDTA brand.
The general expectations for participation in a GDTA committee:
- Volunteers will participate in regularly committee meetings (e.g. every 2nd month or quarterly), in person or via telephone or Skype.
- Committees will be responsible for:
- determining committee objectives;
- planning and carrying out activities to achieve objectives;
- seeking board approval for any funding requirements or significant decisions;
- reporting back to the board on progress as required.
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge or passion for the trail and the outdoors like we do, get involved now. Send us an email if you would like to join a committee or get more information.