With less than four months until summer, it’s time to start making plans! This edition of the GDTA Pathfinder Newsletter has some important information for hiking and volunteering on the trail this year. Or if you are still undecided and are looking for inspiration, check out the articles written by David Higgins; the Feature Article about the trail work completed last summer on the David Thompson Heritage Trail or the Member Feature to commemorate an avid GDT enthusiast and section hiker, Bruce Parkin.
- Message from GDTA President: Is it time for you to step into a leadership role on one of our maintenance trips? What does it take?
- Member Feature: Bruce Parkin, In Memoriam – an article to commemorate an avid enthusiast and section hiker of the GDT
- Feature Article: The Vanishing Trail – Part 2: Mission Accomplished
- 2019 Trail Building & Maintenance Trips – Call for Volunteers: Trip dates for 2019 are now available and we need you!
- Hiking the Trail: Check out the significantly improved Section D, from Field to Saskatchewan River Crossing
- Backcountry Trip Planning: National park campground reservations for this summer are open!
- Upcoming Events: Dan Durston’s yoyo of the GDT
- Opportunities to Get Involved: Please check out a great volunteer opportunity for a marketing enthusiast