UPDATED FOR 2018
Below is a list of campgrounds along the Great Divide Trail. The campgrounds are categorized as:
- Developed, vehicle-accessed, frontcountry campground
- Developed, unserviced, backcountry campground
- Primitive backcountry campground
- A flat spot suitable for camping*
*Note that there are other suitable random camping locations not included on this list. Random camping is allowed in:
- All of Sections A & B outside of the national and provincial parks;
- Only within Height of the Rockies Provincial Park in Section C;
- All of Section D, including sections of the GDT within Yoho and Banff National Parks in Section D (a Wilderness Pass is still required to random camp within national parks);
- From Owen Creek to Cataract Pass in Section E;
- All of Section F except for the Berg Lake Trail in Mount Robson Provincial Park, and not along Highway 16 outside of Jasper.
- All of Section G except for the short section of the North Boundary Trail in Jasper National Park.
Campgrounds are listed from south to north, including cumulative distance on the trail and the nearest waypoint from Dustin Lynx’s guidebook and the GDT App. Amenities such as a water source, firepit, food cache and toilet are identified. Applicable permit or fee is noted.
Resupply locations and addresses are also listed.