The Great Divide Trail Association is an active organization with significant growth in 2018 and we are looking for an individual to take on the responsibilities of marketing and outreach. Some of our key accomplishments in 2018 include:
- Membership grew by about +30%.
- Significant work going into the planning, designing, constructing and maintaining the new 50 km High Rock Trail section of the GDT, located north of Crowsnest Pass.
- Major trail projects on the David Thompson Heritage Trail and in Jasper National Park.
- 112 volunteers on 8 trips in 2018 (11 trips planned for 2019!)
- Annual major fundraising event to raise awareness for the GDT held in Calgary with Brian Keating.
- New chapter established in the Crowsnest Pass.
- Formal recognition of the trail in the Castle Management Plan.
- The GDT was featured in in Backpacker Magazine’s article awarding the GDT the title of ‘’wildest long distance trail”.
The Marketing Position is a volunteer position and ideally, the individual will serve on the GDTA Board. The GDTA Board meets monthly and all members are expected to chair or participate in at least one committee.
- Serve as Chair of the Outreach, Engagement & Education committee, striving to strengthen and expand opportunities that benefit the Trail with targeted messaging and attention to diverse and imaginative partnerships
- Develop and implement a communication and PR plan to increase awareness of the Great Divide Trail and the Great Divide Trail Association
- Increase the social media presence of the GDTA
- Lead the events and outreach programming to ensure that we are engaging potential and current members
- Public relations activities including writing articles for local and national press to increase awareness of the GDT or promote local events
- Lead the development of the GDTA quarterly newsletter, website and other key communication channels to engage current members
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of the Marketing Position
- Background and experience with marketing, PR or event planning
- Leadership and management skills to attract and engage other volunteers to support the activities of the Outreach, Education and Engagement committee
- An interest in promoting, protecting and maintaining the Great Divide Trail
If you are interested in this opportunity or have any questions, contact us.